UG Articles Archive

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Godsmack Singer Set to Release Solo Album With A "World Music Vibe"

Looks like Godsmack vocalist Sully Erna has finally announced a release date for his solo debut album that's been 7 years in the making.  It's coming out September 14th, and Erna claims that the album is his best work so far and that it's not rock, but has "more of a World Music vibe."

He says of the album: "It is so pure and organic, every ounce of my blood, sweat and tears has been poured into this body of work. Without a doubt, I have completely exposed myself in this album. More importantly, it's just a very cool musical journey you go on when you listen through. Although, as I've said before, I must emphasize that THIS IS NOT A ROCK RECORD! This is a series of beautifully arranged compositions that I have created over many years. Some compositions are newer, written with the help of my solo band mates. Others have been shelved over time waiting for the right moment to be released. That moment is finally here, and I couldn't be more proud to share it with all of you!"


Couldn't be more full of himself either, it seems, but I guess we'll have to see how this one turns out.  He's released a 30 second clip from one of the songs, called Sinner's Prayer (see below) and there's not much to critique, kinda just sounds like Voodoo:



I'm not saying this album is going to suck, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment