UG Articles Archive

Friday, October 15, 2010

Best flight ever? NZ Metallica fans fly to Auckland for $1NZ

In order to catch Metallica's 3rd-ever New Zealand show, about 100 Metallica fans took advantage of Air New Zealand's special "grabaseat" rate of $1NZ, which equates to about 50 USD. 

Andrea Grom, the fan who led a successful Facebook campaign to get the band to play a show in Christchurch, New Zealand, was on the flight, and was going to be meeting the band in Auckland.

"I've never ever flown before," she said. "I chose the best first flight ever. It was good, definitely a lot of fun."

"I can't wait," she said. "I thought I'd missed out [the first time METALLICA played Auckland], but then this happened ... and I'm actually going to get to meet them. I'm so happy right now."

A video documenting the event was made by New Zealand Herald TV, and you should probably watch it:

No comments:

Post a Comment