UG Articles Archive

Monday, December 20, 2010

A few of my better concert photos from 2010

Today I've decided to post a brief collection of what I feel are some of the better photos I've taken at concerts.  I'm definitely an amateur, so if you came here expecting professional quality (haha, right) you're out of luck.  Without further ado, here is some of my better concert photography from the past year.


 October 16th - Jagermeister MusicTour, Milwaukee, WI

Megadeth Bassist Dave Ellefson salutes the crowd


The legendary Dave Mustaine shreds on a double-necked guitar

Anthrax vocalist Joey Belladonna belts it out to a packed house

I found this picture of Slayer's Jeff Hanneman to be particularly evil-looking


October 4th, 2010 - Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival, Madison, WI


Avenged Sevenfold stole the show with their theatrical entrance (see dummy hanging from the rafters) and intricate stage production.

There were an impressive amount of lighters in the crowd as Avenged Sevenfold paid tribute to their late drummer, Jimmy Sullivan.


Disturbed's David Draiman and Dan Donegan in front of their massive moving projection screens, which made a versatile backdrop for Disturbed's stage show.

Though his vocals were clearly strained, Draiman fought on to play a solid set on the last show of the festival tour.


July 4th - RUSH, Milwaukee, WI

I had grass seats in the amphitheater for this show, so the view was less than ideal.  The music, however, was divine.



A pretty decent shot of Geddy Lee (stage right, also big screen) and Alex Lifeson (stage left)

And there's Geddy again on the "Time Machine"- themed screen.  Another somewhat theatrical show.


July 18th - Iron Maiden, "The Final Frontier Tour," Chicago, IL
Again, sat on the lawn so couldn't get very close.  I was sitting pretty far back...
This far back.  Remember that weird lookin albino dude and the fat guy in front, those that were there with me?


























Truth be told, I actually forgot to take pictures during the show because I felt like I should have been taking it all in and living in the moment, rather than trying to preserve that moment in photos.  To make up for the lack of pictures, here's the setlist:
01. The Wicker Man
02. Ghost Of The Navigator
03. Wrathchild
04. El Dorado
05. Dance Of Death
06. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07. These Colours Don't Run
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free




It looks like those are all of the shows to which I remembered to bring my camera.  This post should also have pictures of the Mastodon, Baroness, Valient Thorr, and Between the Buried and Me show I attended in Madison, the Nonpoint Show in Madison, and the Big Four show I attended in Sofia, Bulgaria.  Okay, not that last one.  That was a lie.  Not a very good one, either.


That's all for now, look for my inevitable "BEST OF 2010" post in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment