UG Articles Archive

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Foo Fighters streaming entire new album online

Yeah, you read that right.  The Foo Fighters have responded to early leaks of their new album by saying "Leak?  Rad.  Ours is better."  They actually said that, via Twitter, right before they uploaded "theirs" to their web site.

I've yet to listen to the whole thing, only heard "Rope" and "White Limo" so far, but it's definitely promising.  The band went lo-fi on this one, recording the entire album in Dave Grohl's California garage on analog tapes.  As Fred Durst once said, this is the real effin' deal, yo. 

Here's the link to the page with the stream, I'll probably spend my afternoon giving it a listen, in between my near-continuous plays of Amon Amarth's "Surtur Rising," which I picked up (in a store!) on Tuesday.  I'll have a review of that album soon, but believe me when I say that it lived up to the hype. 

In anticipation of Vancouver's 3 Inches of Blood playing a show this Friday in Madison, I'll also be reviewing their most recent studio effort, 2009's "Here Waits Thy Doom."

Stay tuned, got a lot planned for this week.

Keep it metal, and have a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment