UG Articles Archive

Monday, August 9, 2010

Van Halen back in the studio? EXCELLENT!

According to Ultimate-guitar.com, the 80s powerhouse Van Halen is back in the studio with original vocalist David Lee Roth: click here for the story. 

The lineup will have Roth on vocals, Eddie Van Halen on guitar, his brother Alex on drums, and Eddie's son Wolfgang (kickass name) will be on bass.  They haven't worked with Roth for quite some time, so it will be interesting to see if his vocals have stood the test of time.  My guess is that Sammy Hagar was probably too busy with his supergroup Chickenfoot (hate that name with a fiery passion) to help out with this one.

Personally I'm pretty excited to see what they turn out.  I've always been a fan of EVH's riffs and neoclassical soloing style, and I hope he's not going to hold anything back on this album.   I'm probably getting my hopes up too much, but hey, they've put out great stuff before, who's to say they can't do it again?

Something along the lines of this would be fine:



That's all for today, if you have an opinion on this or are offended at my mocking of Chickenfoot, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment